Socially Distant Sessions
Our world feels oddly surreal and dystopian. At times like these, exhibiting an abundance of circumspection is the right thing to do. And that is really all that any of us can do: The Next Right Thing. For me, my next right thing is helping people bring to focus the beauty, light, and connection that is still so prevalent around us; I find this especially meaningful when the world is unhinged and our safety, health, homes, and families are so central.
Sooo… with the shelter in place lifted, I’ve cautiously begun scheduling a few outdoor sessions in my neighborhood. I’m booking physically distant sessions with seniors and people sheltering in place together, but I’m not yet comfortable with large groups, full sessions, or public areas. I’m limiting the number of sessions and not heavily promoting because I believe it is prudent to keep life real simple right now.
Physically Distant Kelcam Photography Sessions
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It will be different and a little weird — but so is everything about 2020 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It is hard not to touch people but it really isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I don’t love it. But the shoots have all been beautiful and fun and chill. I take some shots zoomed-out and others zoomed-in and a few creative fish-eye. I am uneasy about creating an illusion of light-hearted normalcy when our world is in crisis. But still, maybe consider the fam showing quarantine activities like chalk or crafts or catch. Probably without haircuts. And dressed in PJs or a tux or a tutu. Maybe pics with a beer in hand and kids pulling opposite ends of a Switch. Whatever feels apropos.
- What: I will be staying 6′ away for COVID 19 Sessions & doing my best not to hug or touch
- Where: South Elmhurst porches & backyards (or my backyard if need be)
- When: Send the contact form to schedule Plan A. I’m really flexible.
- Who: Seniors and/or people sheltering in place together
- How: These are going to be tricky for little kids, especially ones who are shy or don’t already know and love me. Contact me to chat through feasibility for your gang.
Physically Distant Quick-shot15-Minute Photography Session
- 20+ Images in Final Gallery
- Any 5 Images Included
- Option to Purchase Additional Digital Downloads & Prints After Session