Picture Party!Have a lot of family or friends and want a variety of groupings and some amazing pictures from this season of your life?!
- 60 Minute Session
- @ Any park, forest presserve or home in Chicagoland
- 10 Digital Images
- 2 Week Turn-around
- Great for Larger Groups and Wider Variety of Configurations
Picture Parties are a BLAST for any number of people! It can be just a few people or a whole bunch! Think about gathering family, cousins, friends from college, close nit-team, group of BFFS and taking a bunch of great pictures with them! You can pick any Chicagoland park, forest preserve, home, or meaningful location for your pictures! This is a great gift for a grandparent or someone moving or graduating or to commemorate a session of life. Basically, we plan a date, gather any number of people and I take a variety of configurations for an hour!
- A Group Shot with EVERYONE in it
- Smaller groups with immediate families or couples or siblings or BFFs
- Quick head-shots for anyone who could use something updated and less stiff
These picture parties are great to plan in conjunction with dinner or an outing or even before a school dance. Consider it a pre-party of sorts… and if you are over 21, I won’t even ask what is in your water bottle or solo cup ;). Try to plan these in advance and I LOVE when they are an hour before sunset!
Picture Parties are Available Anywhere in Chicagoland
- 60 Minutes of Photography at a local park, forest preserve, house or other meaningful spot
- Large Group / Smaller Groups / Individual Pictures
- Here is an example collection from a Picture Party
- Includes 10 Digital Downloads
- Great for any number of people from 1 – 50+
- Additional professional prints, albums, and canvas can be ordered after viewing the collection
- additional digital downloads from the collection can be purchased for $10 each
- entire collection with USB drive, 11×17, and (10) 5×7 professional prints for an extra $200
- Digital images will be ready to view within 2 weeks
You will LOVE your Picture Party! They are so fun and go by so fast!
You don’t need to do a whole lot:
- Obviously invite everyone, plan a location and consider if you want to make dinner or outing reservations after our picture party.
- Some picture parties like to have coordinating attire, like everyone wear jeans and any solid shirt. You don’t want it to match TOO much, but too many prints or really bright colors tend to make the images have less impact.
- Watch the weather with me. I’ll try to be on top of this, but we will need to think things through or have a plan B if it looks like the weather might not cooperate. We will talk and come up with options.
- I don’t bring props. If there is something that is meaningful to your family / group (a crest or a trophy or a flag) — PLEASE feel free to bring it! I’ll incorporate it!
PLEASE– Being a photographer, I get to hear all day about which side people like better or to crop out their arms or to make them look taller or skinnier or tanner. Let me tell you something. THE ONLY THING PEOPLE NOTICE IN PICTURES, IS HOW HAPPY YOU ARE. That is it. People aren’t concerned with your fitness or your bronze skin or even your perfectly chosen outfit. They want nothing but for you to be happy. Think about this group of best friends or family you have– you love and accept them just as they are! Do this for yourself as well!!
Embrace this time, imperfection and all. Gather your family and friends and BFFs because everyone knows this season (good or bad) will not last forever. I CANNOT WAIT to see you and meet you and your posse!
Please glance through to confirm our expectations match in regards to Picture Parties
- Contact Kelly for Booking Information – Payment is due in full to secure the date and time.
- In Notes/Instructions/Comments, include shot location, # of people, and relationship
- PLEASE try to be on time. The hour goes quickly and usually I try to do these around sunset. I’ll start with the people who are there but it is best if people run on time when at all possible.
- Picture Parties only include a bit of mild editing for crop & color (It doesn’t include changing the color of Johnny’s shirt or head-swapping or removing a milk mustache or changing the locale to appear tropical). A minimalist clean edit keeps the turn-around quick and the price affordable.
- Party photography is different than portrait photography. With portrait, the photographer gets to orchestrate a lovely background, ideal lighting, and make sure everyone looks perfect. With these events and quickshots and parties, I do the best I can with the area we are in and the time we have. I avoid distractions when possible and try to find the best light, but these pictures are much more natural than portrait photography. I am focusing on the connection between people. I find the images more charming and meaningful, but just something to note.
- If the weather is terrible, we will work something out. Either reschedule or have an indoor plan B if someone has a house large enough, but I KNOW gathering large groups doesn’t always reschedule easily. If all else fails, I will return your booking fee.