Kelcam Casual Event Booking
Snapping glimpses of people being happy and socializing and celebrating is my true passion. Even before I started Kelcam, I worked for my college yearbook and then co-created my kid’s elementary school yearbook. It is so fulfilling for me to facilitate a reminder of the exceptional love, distinctive beauty, unique connection, and special dynamic that shines from your family and friends – and into the world.
It can be any kind of event from a backyard BBQ to a country club — I artfully document a party, birthday, graduation, informal wedding, anniversary, gathering, reunion, celebration, baby shower, wedding shower, rehearsal dinner, annual family tradition, visit to your home, or even just a walk in the park. And then I take those images and using my yearbook experience, expertly create an archive quality hardcover photobook to be viewed and cherished and that will immortalize this season of life.
Being part of the happiest moments in life is beautiful and rewarding and something I enjoy every single time! I swear that during the toasts, I mist up just as much as “their people”. Life is complicated and often hard but some of these best moments should be remembered forever.
Casual Event Reservations are Available Anywhere!
- Casual Event Booking Fee Includes
- Digital Downloads & Professional Prints Can Be Added to the Order
- + $25 = each digital download from the collection
- + $200 = Unlimited Digital Downloads of ALL IMAGES – if pre-paid at booking
- + $250 = Unlimited Digital Downloads of ALL IMAGES – if paid after the shoot
- Current Professional Print Pricing Can be Found on the FAQ Page
I love events and this process is pretty simple!
- Email or call to request a day/time/place for Kelcam to come to your event
- Pay full booking fee on the digital quote via cc or via check dropped at my house
- Review the prep guide, complete the questionnaire, and designate a helper for me
- I’ll arrive at the event a bit early to check out the venue
- I’ll hang around the event for an hour or so, taking pictures of people & groups
- Within 2-3 weeks, the session can be viewed online (album viewing takes a bit longer)
- Adjustments to the album can be made if necessary and an option to purchase digital images and/or prints
- Your included 8×8 hardcover album will be ordered as soon as I get your approval
- And Done! You will have a beautiful archival quality album documenting your event!
- Please don’t get too stressed about having the perfect event! It is going to be great! and besides, when things don’t go perfectly, it makes for the best memories! Remember to breathe, relax, and embrace this experience. It is going to be so wonderful!
- A dedicated helper is AWESOME and will make your
photobookso much better! Ideally, I like someone behind the scenes with me to sort families, know names, and gather groups. Great job for a tweener or an introvert.
- Just before sunset is an excellent time for outdoor pictures. On the other end, indoor (or outdoor) pictures at night are rarely great, even for the great photographers. Consider scheduling me to come toward the earlier end of events for that reason… and because I like
sleepand turn into a vampire on some nights and a pumpkin others.
- Permit fees, travel expenses (if 30 minutes from Elmhurst), parking fees, location fees, additional photography time or editing are not included with the booking fee.
- It is best to find a designated helper for me. This helps me know groups and people.
- My photography style rarely, if ever, uses a flash. I find the images less natural and that it interferes with the moment in real life. I have the best low light camera and lenses on the market but I still may need to shoot at a higher ISO and large group pictures should be done outside if at all possible.
- Event photography is different than portrait photography. With portrait, the photographer gets to orchestrate a lovely background, ideal lighting, and make sure everyone looks perfect. With these events, I make the best of the area and the time we have. I avoid distractions when possible and try to utilize the best light without resorting to a flash, but these pictures are much more natural than portrait photography. I am focusing on the beautiful connection between people. I find the images more charming and meaningful.
Please check out my full contract. There are no surprises but it is always a good idea to make sure expectations align and we are a good fit: https://kellyandhercamera.com/contract/